Thursday, July 19, 2012

Foreign Tongues Cult "Offerings" review.


When I was asked to review Tucson, Arizona hip-hop duo Foreign Tongues Cult's "Offerings" I knew that I would be listening to something much different from today's radio stars. However, I didn't think it would be much different from other underground acts. I was wrong. These guys are very different and I'm glad I got my hands on this album. The calm delivery, of IRONIC & Einstein, is a pretty soothing change since most rappers are almost yelling at you in an effort to make you believe that the characters they portray are non-fictional. These guys don't really have gimmicks and actually succeed in making you believe in them as well as their stories, aside from the song "Have Fun, Bye" (but who doesn't enjoy a little fiction from time to time?). While I find this to be interesting and soothing there is nothing on this album that really sticks out. This album is definitely not for everybody but I'd suggest you check this out if you're an underground fan. If you prefer the mainstream stuff, check this out anyway. This could open your eyes and ears to something completely different.

"Like" Foreign Tongues Cult @ Facebook 

Listen to Foreign Tongues Cult on Reverb Nation 
Download "Offerings" HERE 

No comments:

Post a Comment