Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Homecourt "Inside My Mind" review.


"I
nside My Mind" is the latest release from Homecourt. Homecourt is a more "traditional" sounding Hardcore Punk band from New Jersey. Although they list Merauder, The Doors, Nirvana & Terror as their influences I hear a more Crossover sound in the vein of D.R.I., Leeway & "Cause For Alarm" era Agnostic Front. This E.P. comes fully equipped with catchy, head nodding & fist banging riffs as well as thought provoking, head scratching, confusing tongue in cheek lyrics. I strongly feel that these guys can obtain a spot alongside other modern day Crossover mainstays such as Municipal Waste, A.N.S. (Homecourt's vocalist happens to vocally bare a strong resemblance to A.N.S. frontman Chris Wall), Cross Examination & Common Enemy as well as other thrash influenced Hardcore bands such as Rotting Out,  Down To Nothing & This Is Hell. If you're a fan of those styles then I suggest you check them out and hear what you've been missing.

Check out Homecourt @ Facebook
Listen to "Inside My Mind" @ Bandcamp

No comments:

Post a Comment